Friday 29 May 2015

Chickens, Crochet, Creating and Cow Parsley



Hi guys :) 
 Have you had a nice week?
Mine has been mixed, I started it fighting with the washing line, as it was so ridiculously windy!!!
I kept getting slapped in the face! haha :)
Trying to make a break for it!
I went on a bus trip with some of the knit and natter group to a place called Royal Quays Outlet centre, i didn't have a penny to spend but it was enjoyable all the same, a lovely friend treated me to a few Latte's.
I felt awfully sick on the bus though :( I'm not great on buses, i get travel sick very quickly!


I finished my friends' shawl, terrible photo, i know, but i'd already given it to her before i noticed this picture was rubbish, haha :) 


We have oodles of cow parsley growing next to our back fence, so I've been going a bit wild! I have about 3 jam jars full in the living room


I found a very pretty teapot for £1.50!
And a little drying rack for 50p! When my herbs grow i'm going to use it to hang herbs from to dry :)



I attempted to make a tea cozy for the teapot - A disaster!
Can you tell what it is supposed to be? :D 

I sketched a chicken to hang on the hallway door

I attempted more embroidery, this time handkerchiefs.
The top right is The Bearded Wonders' (My hubby)with the ugly little penguin (he's obsessed) it is truly terrible but he wanted a penguin so that is what i made! He says it is cute but i don't believe a word he says.
The top left pink and bottom white are mine. The flowers aren't my work (i flaming wish!) i just added the monogram


Another that is mine, i'm starting to wish i had done a better S now, I'll probably change it eventually

The pictures look pretty weird, but the only way i could get the embroidery to show up properly was to scan them!


I bought leeks on Monday. They have sat under the counter until today when i remembered i wanted to make leek and potato soup. I went to chop them and discovered that they had gone brown on the inside! Yuck! :( So i improvised and made mixed veg soup and added a handful of rice to bulk it out instead.
I also attempted Irish soda bread.... but (in my usual fashion) i hadn't read the recipe right and added a WHOLE TABLESPOON of baking soda! Yuck yuck yuck! One (small, thankfully) taste and it went straight in the bin! 
Never again!

I hope that you will read this and take lesson from it- always read the recipe! Twice! Haha :D 




4 comments:

  1. I love to see washing blowing on a line. That shawl looks lovely. It must have taken a lot of work. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, i really thought it was going to fly off mind, it is a good job i have lots of pegs haha :D
      Thank you, it took a few weeks, but that was only because i only carried on once a week at the knit and natter group, just so i'd have something to do between other quick projects :) xx

      Delete
  2. I am rubbish at reading recipes properly...I don't tend to get the measurements wrong, but I do start things thinking they will be quick because I didn't read it through properly! The embroidery is going well, it's not easy to do is it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i do that,or i forget that i don't have some of the ingredients until i get so far in to it, it is maddening! One day!
      It's flaming hard, i'm also left handed so it is probably why it looks so wonky lol :) xx

      Delete