Monday 25 May 2015

Lovely Weekends and pretty things


Hi guys :D 
Have you had a nice weekend?
Mine was fantastic, as i mentioned, my uncle John came to stay for a few days, so went on a jaunt on the bus to a new town 7 miles away (pleased that we didn't have to walk!) that we hadn't visited

John treated us to a new strimmer, so we finally got the grass down from a jungle


I treated myself to a new set of tea-towels with chickens on them! Aren't they cute? And all for the grand price of £1!


A new cafetiere for £1.99 in a charity shop (our old one broke) which had made my week! I don't ask for much, but good, fresh coffee is a must!  


Attempting to make a start on growing things, i bought 3 little herb pots for 50p each.


And John treated me to a new woolen throw (also from a charity shop) it is soooo soft!

These sweet little ponies and foal have moved into a field up the road :) 

It's hard work being so cute all the time!


Proud dad, having a scratch against the tree :)

I, being in a domestic mood, decided it would be fun to wash all the cushion covers, and promptly forgot that two were filled with feathers!


I also bought a new bird feeder and fat balls, the picture is terrible but there is a little sparrow nibbling away


Thieves! The big Jackdaws decided to try it out too! Leaving almost nothing for the other birds! 


What have you been up to this weekend?






8 comments:

  1. It will be so nice when you can pick fresh herbs when you want them, we always shoo the Jack Daws awayx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! They just need to hurry up and grow now haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with the fresh coffee. Instant just doesn't cut it. The foal is sooo cute. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't have it a lot, 2 on a morning to wake me up then tea for the rest of the day so i really savour it haha :D
      Isn't he? I go past most days and he keeps giving me sideways looks as if he wants to come over for a pat but is too shy yet, and won't leave his mama's side :) Too adorable! xx

      Delete
  4. Love your chicken towels - I so want some! I love chickens and am always given things with chickens on them. Have you seen the chicken gumboots? I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they sweet? I plan on getting a lot more! haha :) I adore chickens too
      Yes i have! I've hinted to the hubby about them as a Christmas present, you never know, i might get lucky ;) x

      Delete
  5. I love your new chicken towels... so cute!

    I agree with needing great coffee and that throw looks really cozy.

    The horses are darling :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :D i love them! I haven't used them yet as i don't want to get them dirty!haha :D
      My lovely hubby took pity on me and bought me a lovely rich Italian roast today as we ran out a few days ago and i had to make do with instant, which i also love, but is no substitute for the real thing :)

      Have a great weekend too :) xx

      Delete