Friday 27 March 2015

We Took The Scenic Route (AKA: Why We Got Lost)


Hi guys! :) 
Well, we decided to go to the town today to get some much needed supplies, so we decided to try and cut down the journey and went a different, new way, Uhm yeah. That went well. Me being the know it all i thought i knew the way, so we went my way, managed to go in a completely different direction and ended up walking about 10 miles (No joke. The town is only 5 miles away) before we managed to get back to where we needed to be. Whoops.

We sat on a bench and had a cup of tea (i remembered to pack a flask) with this as our view :)


I enjoyed the lovely sheep in a nearby field


The Bearded Wonder on a footpath (Bit of a misnomer considering there is no path to be seen at all!)


A beautiful babbling brook next to a caravan park

A very old wooden bridge! With holes in it! I scurried across that thing like Greased Lighting!



More lovely sheep :)


And lastly coming home (On the bus, i hasten to add! I think i would have keeled over if we had to walk back) to this beautiful face, mad with us because we dared leave her!


SO, that's my highlight of the week! What's yours? :)
I'm off for a cup of tea!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I would happily get lost every day to walk in such a beautiful place! I just did something I never do, had a two-hour nap with the cat in my lap! He did not want to get up, I had to peel him off in order to get up and have a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful? :) I loved it but i don't think i could walk that much again!haha, my hips and thighs were aching like mad!

      I often have a "cat nap" on the sofa snuggled up with Marie, though most of the time she's too much of a wriggler and ends up wandering off to play :) xx

      Delete
  2. For me it's fun to take a detour! You never know what you'll see. Though I don't know that I'd walk! Especially so many miles.
    Finding such lovely scenery is probably easier to do on foot than by car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. believe me if i had a car i would definitely drive than walk! but sadly we don't have a choice as the bus both was is pretty expensive, so walk there and get the bus back.As beautiful as it was, i won't be doing it again in a hurry!haha :D i don't think i would survive :D xx

      Delete