Thursday 16 April 2015

My First (Kind Of) Embroidery Challenge!And a Lovely Heirloom


Hi guys :) Remember Sunbonnet Sue from yesterday?
Well i've decided to give myself a little challenge and make a months of the year wall hanging featuring Sue in various months and outfits/ poses etc
It's a challenge but not at the same time as i don't have a deadline... does that make sense? lol
I've completed January, Feb and March already and i'm halfway through April. 
Aren't they the cutest? :)



i also thought i'd show you my needle case. I got it off my great nana about 10 years ago before she passed away, and she'd had it for years before me so i'm guessing it is between 50-80 years old, sadly it is pretty thread bare near the top and i don't want it to get worse so i'm going to "retire" it in a safe place, make a new one and name it Esther after her :)






i'm taking part in a Homeacre Blog Hop  with Our Simple Life :)
(I hope i've done it right!)






2 comments:

  1. I love Sunbonnet Sue and yours are just gorgeous! Look forward to seeing them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne :) You've reminded me i need to actually finish the rest of them! Whoops! :D

      Delete