Sunday 26 April 2015

The Kindness of Strangers and a Tad-ah moment



Hi guys :) Have you had a good week? Mine's been super busy!!
This is the face of Marie when i'm baking and not paying enough attention to her! ;) Isn't she looking so grown up now?

I've been a busy bee in the kitchen, We have a new shop opened in the village  and they were selling 200g punnets of strawberries for 79p! So, as usual when i get fruit, i made jam!

Look at that lovely rich colour! 
Sure, it only made 1 jar, but that's enough for me and The Bearded Wonder! 

I also canned my very first batch of apple pie filling, doesn't it look nice? 

I made the usual batch of scones...and a big ta dah moment! 

I made bread rolls!!! Ta daaahh!!! Now, everyone who  knows me knows that i have had..um... issues with baking bread, i just couldn't get it right! It either turned out like a brick, went doughy in the middle and black on the outside, or was completely inedible.
So after months of scouring the internet for that elusive easy bread recipe, i found one in an old cookbook at the back of my drawer! 
Ta-dah! Yum! They were super easy and super soft and scrummy! So we scoffed two each with some homemade leek and potato soup and slathered in butter :)


The kindness of strangers. Isn't that a lovely sentence? Well, I got to say it twice this week! 
First, last Sunday i got the most AMAZING gift of a vintage Jones hand-crank sewing machine off freecycle. It came complete with needles,bobbins,feet, original receipts, including one with a King George VI stamp! 




The second was this lovely dining table and chairs, which has taken up residence in my "sewing room" haha, too grand a title for a room with barely anything in it!

 I also found a fun little fabric with sheep on it and made a wee pin cushion 

How has your week been? Have you had any nice surprises?



2 comments:

  1. Well done , at making all those homemade delights, well done on your freebies to. Looking forward to reading more of your posts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) , I've only just realised that I hadn't replied, which is not like me at all, I must have had my head in the clouds , I'm looking forward to reading you too :)

    ReplyDelete