Saturday 4 April 2015

Sewing Up A Storm

 Hi guys! :) 
What a busy week! I have been sewing up a storm! I am determined to have an almost fully handmade wardrobe, that's what its all been about this week!

I finally added some legs to my mannequin, using a pair of old shorts! Ignore the ugly look of her so far, she isn't finished as i ran out of tape! haha.
 I'm going to make a cover for her eventually too, as soon as i get a decent stretchy fabric
I upcycled an old jumper and turned it into a skirt :)

I took the sleeves and made yet another set of slippers (I'm obsessed)

I made another skirt out of an old sheet (i know, i know, it desperately needs ironed)
And finally, i made myself a pair of pyjama shorts! They are far from perfect, and some of the stitching is terrible, so ignore it, but i love them! I didn't have enough material at first, but i added two lace panels on the sides so they fit comfortably :)
I've been baking a lot this week too, making lots of pies for the freezer and ginger snaps and scones! yum!

Marie doing her best meerkat impression, she has grown so much! We have had her 3 weeks today! Already!



Woohoo! A sunbeam! 


She has finally discovered the outside world, and now happily sits for hours watching the birdies :)


I'm off to make some more ginger snaps as they have mysteriously disappeared ;) 
*Wanders off, whistling innocently*







3 comments:

  1. I loved this post!
    Good for you learning to sew... Or up cycling clothes into other wearable items! Your mannequin - can't think of the word.... Is so cool! I've seen people make them. Good job.
    Thanks for visiting my blog! It's nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there slowly :) my poor hubby has started to hide his clothes as i when i put them away i have started to say "ooh that could be made into this...." i see up cycling wherever i go now lol :D lovely to meet you too :) xx

      Delete
  2. well done you on up cycling everything and making more wonderful things, you're very creative.

    ReplyDelete